CV of Prasolov Sergey
Contacts: phone: +7 (921) 933-0870, e-mail: ci.serg at gmail.com, skype: serg.prasolov
More info: MoiKrug, LinkedIn
I am looking for a challenging job opportunity as a Java Enterprise architect, a team leader, a senior developer or any other suitable opportunity based on the qualification and job experience mentioned below. Part time/remote/contract/consulting positions are acceptable as well. (No ME/swing/frontend development)
1. Kuznech Ltd. - St.-Petersburg, Russia, August 2011 to present time
CTO, Team Leader
* Spring, Linux, Cassandra/HyperTable/MySQL/PSQL, JPPF, multithreading, high load
The company works on Semantic Image Comparison. We are processing high volumes of data (up to 10^9 rows in DB) in short (<1s) time. We complete web demos to show a potential of our technology.
As a CTO I have redesigned the structure of the legacy application and organized the development process in a team of 8 people. SVN, Redmine are used to support the process. Spring is used heavily. To achieve good timings, we split services into clusters using Spring and JPPF. Web interfaces are using Spring MVC, FreeMarker, and jQuery. The challenge is to meet functional and timing requirements with open source library usage and low-cost available hardware.
2. Dino Systems (RingCentral Inc.) - St.-Petersburg, Russia, February 2008 to August 2011
Java Team Leader
* JBoss, SOAP, Windows COM object interoperability; JBoss Seam, JSF; jUnit
Web site migration to Java from ASP and writting SOAP API for third part companies is my task. Being a leader of a team, I am responsible for application design, technology selection and implementation as well. JBoss AS and Seam are heavily used. Tight test coverage of the functionality is a requirement.
As a leader of Java team I have designed and implemented from the scratch Java based port of external APIs of RingCentral services. Performance under high load has been investigated and we have reached excellent stability and timing values. Integration with other parts of rather complicated service structure (about 20 distributed multi-language daemons) has been established. We have introduced build and deployment process for production releases.
3. Zodiac Interactive - St.-Petersburg, Russia, December 2006 to May 2009
Java Enterprise Architect (part time from November 2007)
* Multithreading, servlets, JBoss, GlassFish, JMS, NIO/Apache MINA, JPA/Hibernate; clustering
A Notification Server for video box interaction has been designed and implemented. The most valued requirement is scalability up to 6M client boxes. Cascade clustering schema was designed. The server has a core part and functional modules, which can be deployed separately. Based on JBoss and JEE5 technology stack, JMS, threading, nio networking, web services, JPA/Hibernate and others were used. This project was presented and won NCTA’s Tru2way Developers’ Showcase Challenge on The Cable Show ’08, May 17-18, New Orleans.
Monitor Application for OCAP boxes is another one project I take part in. It is based on the Notification Server project and implements a valuable part of OCAP specification.
4. VoltWeb - St.-Petersburg, Russia, June 2006 to February 2009
Senior Java developer, part time
* Multithreading, servlets/Tomcat, PostgreSQL, jdbc, jms/activeMQ, Apache Lucene/SOLR, Axis2
Backend for ClickAJob.com site has been created (architecture and implementation) and maintained. This is a vacancy search system with high load capability requirement. JMS server is the core of the system, clustering for searcher application was established.
5. Jensen Technologies - St.-Petersburg, Russia, August 2005 to March 2007
Senior J2ee developer, architect, team leader
Take part in development of: recruiting company automation system (architecture, backend, db; JBoss, Seam, JSF/MyFaces, MySQL), multilingual translation system architecture analysis (timings investigation, architecture audit; JBoss, soap/axis, xslt/velocity), logistics company back office (architecture, backend, db; Tomcat/Hibernate/MySQL), communicational web portal (backend; Tomcat/MySQL), the company.s internal web framework (front end), one commercial company.s web presentation and back office (maintainer, developer). Work in team, use cvs/svn, mantis, collaborate in maintenance actions. Prepare technical proposals.
6. ILCA Internet ISP - St.-Petersburg, Russia, October 2000 to August 2005
Chief Technical Officer
* Architect, programmer
ISP billing system - customer, services and sales accounting, financial planning and accounting, device control, document audit, prepaid cards production and dealing accounting, clients. interfaces, log analysis, system monitoring (c, perl, php, java),
ILCA Print Master - publishing house automation system including price calculator, customer accounting, bookkeeping, warehousing, orders. processing management, reference directory (php, java),
company site portal software (java, php),
customer site components - cms, guestbook, forum, catalog (php, java, perl),
office workspace automation and project accounting (java)
* Team leader, project manager, Linux administrator
7. Atlant ISP - St.-Petersburg, Russia, April 1998 to October 2000
System administrator, web programmer
* Web programmer (php, perl, c, mysql)
mail-list system for heavy loads (perl, mysql),
log analyzing system for squid proxy server with authorization and traffic quotas (c, perl),
qMail virtual hosts administrating interfaces (c, perl),
commercial site engines (php, perl, mysql)
* Linux administrator (firewall, qMail, Apache, mysql, ftp/nntp/smb/proxy)
* Enterprise Java: architecture design
* production high-load system tuning
* DB (SQL, NoSQL)
* multithreading, high load systems
* developing of distributed systems
* Web Services/SOAP
* JBoss AS, JBoss Seam
* JPA/Hibernate, JMS, JSF/Servlets/JSP
* PHP, Perl, SQL, 10 years+
* OS: UNIX/Linux, 10 years+, MS Windows
* Networks (tcp/ip, Cisco, border protocols, ISP maintenance), 5+ years
* Physical-Mathematical class of special School to Saint Petersburg State University
* Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics - Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Processes of Control, Russia, 1996 (with honors)
* Business School at Economic Faculty of Saint Petersburg State University, 1994-1995
* Advanced Level of Oxford Headway English was completed at Language Faculty Commercial School, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia. Graduated with mark 'B' on 23.Jun.1998. Afterwards Proficiency English Master class was completed (with no exam).
* IELTS (general, 7.0, 2007)
Current location: Saint Petersburg, Russia
Fluent English, Russian. Familiar with Italian, French, German, Tibetian.
Born in 1974, divorced, 1 child, driving licence.